Qualgro is a Southeast Asian VC firm, based in Singapore, investing at Series A & B, in B2B businesses in Data & SaaS, across Southeast Asia and Australia/NZ. Our multi-cultural team has diverse entrepreneurial, business, investment, technology, and consulting experience. Since 2015, we have made investments in over 30 companies, including Patsnap, Funding Societies, Appier, Hevo, Shopback, Brighte, Vend, amongst many others.
Qualgro is seeking an Associate to join our team (based in Singapore), to help analyse start-ups opportunities and contribute to our operations. Reporting to the Senior team, the role will focus on assisting Managers on networking efforts across the tech ecosystem and on conducting analyses related to various areas: markets, financials, technology etc.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Leading sourcing activity: networking; engaging with founders and ecosystem players; deal flow creation; pipeline analytics; assessing investment opportunities.
- Driving the due diligence process: building financial models and market analyses; conducting interviews; developing analyses and summaries for review by the Senior team.
- Supporting portfolio companies: driving value-creation in portfolio companies (assisting in fundraising, facilitating go-to-market strategies, hiring for key positions etc.)
- Contributing towards team building: building and improving our tools and capabilities; contributing to our highly positive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Support Analyst training and career development
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from a top-tier institution.
- 3-6 years of prior working experience in one of the following fields: entrepreneur/start-up; VC/management consulting/investment banking.
- Start-up experience (e.g. 1-2 years in business, operations, product, or finance experience) is a plus.
- Real passion for VC, technology, and business building.
- Highly skilled and strong ability to learn in: analytics, financial modelling, communication and interpersonal interactions, business assessment, qualitative judgement; teamwork, execution, and follow-through.
- An entrepreneur and leader mindset. Self-starter, able to take initiative and risk, high ambition for high-quality achievements.
- Professional and personal maturity with unquestionable integrity.