Qualgro is a Singapore-based Venture Capital firm investing at Series A & B, in Data & Software, across Southeast Asia. Our multi-cultural team has diverse business, investment and consulting experience. Since 2015, we have made investments in over 30 companies, including PatSnap, Appier, Shopback, Funding Societies, Wavecell, Hevo, Brighte, Vend, Nura, amongst many others.
Qualgro is seeking (Senior) Investment Manager(s) to join our team (based in Singapore), to help invest in excellent entrepreneurs and contribute to growing our presence. Reporting to the Senior team, the role will focus on networking efforts across the tech ecosystem, building trust-based relationships with entrepreneurs, driving the due diligence process, adding value to portfolio companies and other firm-building activities.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Build trust-based relationships with entrepreneurs and a strong external network.
- Lead sourcing activities: networking; engaging with founders, VCs and ecosystem players; deal flow creation; opportunity screening and management.
- Drive the due diligence process, end-to-end. This includes managing the junior team on analyses, research, preparing Investment Committee meetings.
- Lead deal negotiations and deal closing.
- Actively support portfolio companies: driving value-creation in portfolio companies (assisting in go-to-market strategy; product roadmap; hiring for key positions; fundraising, etc.).
- Lead some of our internal initiatives: building and improving our tools and capabilities; innovating in our methodologies.
- Coach and support Associates and Analysts. Help on training and career development.
- Contribute to discussions and lead initiatives among our Senior Team.
- Act as an inspiring leader reinforcing our highly positive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from a top-tier institution.
- 7 to 10 years of work experience in a combination of the following fields: entrepreneur/start-up; tech investment/VC; management consulting/investment banking.
- Start-up experience (e.g., 2-3 years in business, operations, product, or finance areas) is a plus.
- Real passion for VC, technology, and business building.
- Highly skilled and strong ability to learn in: tech investment; business assessment; people judgement; trust-based relationship building; leadership.
- An entrepreneur and leader mindset. Self-starter, able to take initiative and risk, high ambition for high-quality achievements.
- International / multi-cultural study or work experience is a plus.
- Professional and personal maturity with unquestionable integrity.